The botanical name of Cedar wood is Cedarus deodora. Cedarwood essential oil is extracted by the method called steam distillation from the wood pieces of the tree of Cedar wood (which is also known as Cedrus Atlantica, Cedrus Doedara, particularly named so because of the places they belong too). It grows up to 100 feet high and has the age of around 1000 years.
By the ancient Sumerians, Cedar wood essential oil was used as the stand for paints. The Egyptians also used this oil but for the process of mummification, insect repellents and also in cosmetics. Today, it is widely used for aromatherapies. It is an oil of utmost value that not only helps in cleaning up coughs and phlegm from the respiratory system but also helps in maintaining calm and balance between your mind and body.
|Botanical Name||Cedarus deodora|
|Origin||Cedar wood Essential Oil found its origin in India.|
|Method of Extraction & Part of Plant Used||Cedar wood Oil is actually extracted from Cedarus deodora.|
It is pale yellow to light orange in color. It is very viscous.
This Essential Oil has got a woody, soft and ‘pencil like’ smell. It also has a faint undertone of sandalwood.
|Integrants||The major chemical constituents of this Oil are cedrol, a-cedrene, b-cedrene, other sesquiterpenes, thujopsene, and widdrol.|
|Therapeutic Properties||Antispasmodic, Insecticide, Fungicide, Antiseptic, Diuretic, Emmenagogue, Antispasmodic, Antiseborrhoeic, Astringent, Expectorant and Sedative|
|Blends Well With||
Cedar wood essential oil blends very well with lavender, bergamot
If used in higher concentration, it can cause irritation on skin. Also, it should be avoided during the pregnancy phase
Herbal Remedy for Acne: Add 5-6 drops of cedar wood oil in water and mist over face several times throughout the day. Moreover, soak few drops of cedar wood oil in a cotton ball and wipe off your face. Both of the methods are ideal for reducing blackheads
Customer Questions & Answers
- Olive OilRs 197.00 Rs 249.00
- 6 In 1 Aroma Diffuser Oil PackRs 645.00 Rs 716.67
- 2 in 1 Fancy Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser and Humidifier (DT-1508B) - 100 MLRs 1,830.00 Rs 3,050.00
- Tea, Green Absolute OilRs 328.00 Rs 414.00
- Lotus Perfume OilRs 335.00 Rs 423.00
- Gaultheria OilRs 256.00 Rs 323.00
- Aniseed OilRs 225.00 Rs 285.00
- Niaouli Essential OilRs 325.00 Rs 410.00
- Flax Seed OilRs 194.00 Rs 245.00
- Designer Ultrasonic Humidifier Air Purifier - 2.8 Liters / 1 GallonRs 2,370.00 Rs 2,962.50