Khus (vetiver) is extracted from the Andropogon muricatus through the hydro distillation process. Due to its wonderful soothing effect, it is used to dispel anger, irritability and hysteria. It is also used to eliminate stretch marks and wrinkles. The most extensive usage of this oil is found in the perfume industry. When this oil matures, it acquires reddish dark brown color. And, at that time, its fragrance becomes earthly and woody. It is recommended that this oil should be used in well diluted proportions as it is very strong oil. This oil is also used as a woody note in many of the top class perfumes.
|Botanical Name||Vetiveria zizanoides L|
|Origin||It originated in India.|
|Method of Extraction & Part of Plant Used||This oil is extracted from the chopped and dried roots through the steam distillation method.|
Khus oil is olive to amber in color.
It has got a musty and earthy scent.
|Integrants||The main chemical components of Khus are furfurol, benzoic acid, vetiverol, a & b-vetivone and vetivene.|
|Therapeutic Properties||The therapeutic properties of Khus (vetiver) are aphrodisiac, antiseptic, cicatrizing and nervine.|
|Blends Well With||
It blends well with lavender, jasmine, grapefruit and ylang ylang oil.
Due to its non toxic and non irritant properties, it is considered to be safe.
Nervous system: Khus (Vetiver) oil has a noticeable relaxing effect on the nervous system, which is capable of relieving stress
Customer Questions & Answers
- Coconut OilRs 195.00 Rs 246.00
- 9 In 1 Aroma Diffuser Oil PackRs 900.00 Rs 1,000.00
- Narcissus Absolute OilRs 493.00 Rs 622.00
- Choya Ral AttarRs 328.00 Rs 414.00
- Bhringraj OilRs 249.00 Rs 314.00
- Amla OilRs 202.00 Rs 256.00
- White Pepper OilRs 367.00 Rs 463.00
- Pumpkin Seed OilRs 233.00 Rs 294.00
- All-Night Ultrasonic Humidifier & Air Purifier – 3.8 LitersRs 2,520.00 Rs 3,150.00