Costus is a herbaceous perennial plant from the family of Costus( Costaceae). It can grow up to the height of 2 and produces the beautiful yellow flowers. The costus root oil is identified by the different names of Ostus Root Oil, Costus Oil and Costus Root Absolute. It is blessed with the natural therapeutic properties which are used for eliminating the myriad health ailments. Since ancient times, it is used as herbal medicine in China named as “Mu Xiang" meaning 'wood aroma'. It dissolves well in alcohol but insoluble in water.
|Botanical Name||Saussurea Lappa|
|Origin||It has originated from India.|
|Method of Extraction & Part of Plant Used||Steam distillation is used for the preparation of this oil. The roots of costus are used to extract it.|
The color of this absolute oil is yellow to brown.
It is having a woody and musky fragrance.
|Integrants||It comprises the chemical constituents of Aplotaxene. Costus Acid, Costol, Lactone, Dihydro Costus lactone.|
|Therapeutic Properties||It has the therapeutic properties which includes antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, bactericidal, carminative, digestive, expectorant, febrifuge, stimulant, stomachic and tonic..|
|Blends Well With||
It mixes well with Patchouli, Opopanax
The pregnant women and nursing mothers are always advised to take a medical guidance before start using it.
Customer Questions & Answers
- Walnut OilRs 214.00 Rs 271.00
- 6 In 1 Aroma Diffuser Oil PackRs 645.00 Rs 716.67
- 2 in 1 Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser and Humidifier with 7 Colors LED (1516) - 300 MLRs 3,050.00 Rs 5,000.00
- Lavender AbsoluteRs 442.00 Rs 559.00
- Kasturi Hina AttarRs 318.00 Rs 401.00
- Cinnamon Organic Leaf Essential OilRs 226.00 Rs 285.00
- Cucumber OilRs 251.00 Rs 316.00
- German Chamomile essential oilRs 832.00 Rs 1,051.00
- Olive OilRs 197.00 Rs 249.00
- All-Night Ultrasonic Humidifier & Air Purifier – 3.8 LitersRs 2,520.00 Rs 3,150.00