Also known as lemon balm or balm, Melissa leaf essential oil is extracted from the leaf of Melissa officinalis which belongs to the Labiatae family. Due to its soothing effects, it is widely used in aromatherapy. It is also used for fungal infection and cold sores. This oil is much in use owing to its sedating effect, calming effect on the mind, stabilizing the heartbeats etc. People often use this oil for effectively treating the problem of cold sores.
Its usage accounts as back as the 14th century. At that time the French nuns made a tonic using this oil which was called “The Elixir of Life” by Paracelsus. It was thought that this tonic will help in enhancing the memory and getting rid of depressing feelings.
|Botanical Name||Melissa officinalis|
|Origin||It originated from Slovenia.|
|Method of Extraction & Part of Plant Used||It is extracted from the fresh leaves, flowering tops and stems of Melissa officinalis through the steam distillation process.|
Melissa Leaf Essential Oil has a watery viscosity
This Essential Oil has fresh sweet and citrus like smell.
|Integrants||The main chemical components of this Oil are trans-ocimene, methyl hepenone, cis-ocimene, 3-octanone and cis-3-hexenol.|
|Therapeutic Properties||The therapeutic properties of Melissa leaf essential oil are antispasmodic, antidepressant, bactericidal, hypertensive and carminative.|
|Blends Well With||
It blends well with Cedar wood
Melissa oil is non toxic but it should not be used during pregnancy and by people with sensitive skin.
Anti-depressant: Anti- depressing property is a primal feature of Melissa Leaf Essential Oil. It lifts away depressing feelings from your mind, and fills it with ecstatic and joyous feelings. Back in the fifteenth century
Customer Questions & Answers
- Olive OilRs 197.00 Rs 249.00
- 9 In 1 Aroma Diffuser Oil PackRs 900.00 Rs 1,000.00
- Flower Vase Shaped Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier - 1 LiterRs 1,420.00 Rs 1,775.00
- Myrrh Absolute OilRs 442.00 Rs 559.00
- Genda AttarRs 375.00 Rs 474.00
- Coriander Essential oilRs 335.00 Rs 423.00
- Moringa OilRs 236.00 Rs 298.00
- Star Anise OilRs 251.00 Rs 316.00
- Sesame Seed (Carrier) OilRs 198.00 Rs 250.00
- 2 in 1 Fancy Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser and Humidifier (DT-1508B) - 100 MLRs 1,830.00 Rs 3,050.00